CARBON MONOXIDE GAS CAN BE LETHAL

MAKE SURE THAT YOU STOVE IS CORRECTLY AND SAFELY INSTALLED

Typical signs of a faulty installation    

Smoke leaking into rooms.

Large amount of smoke being released when stove doors are opened.

Very hot chimney breast and/or flue pipes.

Not being able to control the fire.

Damp flue or flue pipes.  

No draw from chimney.       

Little or no smoke coming out of the chimney pot when the fire is in operation.

Quick corrosion of flue liner/flue pipes.                                                                            

About Carbon Monoxide

Carbon monoxide (CO) gas is produced by the burning of fuel.

It is poisonous, and even a small amount can cause loss of consciousness and death.

In the UK more than 50 people die from accidental carbon monoxide poisoning every year and over 200 people are seriously injured.

Carbon monoxide is hard to detect because it has no smell taste or colour. 

Incorrectly fitted stoves and leaking chimneys are potentially lethal to your home and its inhabitants. 

As HETAS engineers we are trained in all aspects of solid fuel installations.

At ARC we offer a FREE initial survey at a time that is convenient to you.